Getting results from Search Engines
Over the last several years it has become imperative to get your company to show up on the first page of search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. The higher on the page your company appears, the more traffic your company's web site is likely to receive, improving your chances of gaining new customers. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) involves modifying a web site's content, page titles, URLs, etc. to improve your search engine results placement when people search for words or phrases that describe your business.
When someone goes to a search engine such as Google, they type in what they are looking for. On the right is an example. You can click the image to view the full size image. The Search Engine Results Page (SERP) contains three basic areas.
- "Organic" results are reflected in the green area. These results are based upon content, page titles, URLs, etc. and are most likely to provide the searcher with the information they are looking for. Most people click only on links in this green area.
- Business Listings are reflected in blue. These results are relatively new, and are designed to help searchers locate local businesses that may carry the product or provide the service they are looking for. Web site owners need to list their site with each of the respective search engines to get their company to show up in this area.
- Sponsored Links results are reflected in the red area. These are advertisements paid for by companies to show up when searchers search for certain words or phrases. If the searcher clicks on one of the ads, the business that listed the ad is charged on a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) basis. The price for the click is determined like an auction. Companies bid by saying how much they are willing to pay for a click-thru to their web site. The company with the highest bid is listed first, and in descending order down the page, up to eleven in the case of Google Adwords. If a company is not one of the top eleven bidders for that key word or phrase, they will not show up, even though they are enrolled into the program.
At VORTO, we offer two SEO Website Plans that will improve your company's "Organic" search engine results, adding to your website such items as:
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs
- Adding 'keywords' & descriptions to each article
- Creating article headings with keywords as often as possible
- Submit your site with the major search engines - Google, Yahoo, Bing
- Create/modify the 'robots.txt' file
- Upload your site map in XML format to the major search engines - Google, Yahoo, Bing
- We DO NOT engage in 'black hat' tactics
- Set up your 'Google Analytics' Account, embedding the code in your site
- List your site with major search engines 'Local Business' Centers
- Set up Pay-Per-Click advertising with the major search engines - Google, Yahoo, Bing