At VORTO, we pride ourselves on the quality of our video production. Even though most video we shoot goes to web or DVD, the fact that we start off with very high quality footage, our finished videos end up sharp, crisp, and full of color. A couple of items to think about when choosing a video production company.
- All HD is not created equal. Our cameras shoot in full 1080p. To understand the difference, visit this page on Wikipedia. In short, SD (Standard Definition) is 720x480 and has 345,600 pixels, HD 720p has 921,600 pixels, and HD 1080p has 2,073,600 pixels. This means that HD 1080p has 6 times more pixels (and information) than SD, and results in 6 times the quality.
- 4:2:2 chroma subsampling is important. To understand why, visit this page on Wikipedia. Without getting real technical, chroma subsampling is how much color information is encoded in the video. 4:2:2 carries twice as much color information as 4:1:1 and 4:2:0 (which is what the new h.264 codec uses). VORTO ALWAYS SHOOTS IN 4:2:2.
Vorto Camera Equipment:
- Panasonic HVX200A - full 1080p (1920x1080); 4:2:2 chroma sub sampling at 100Mbs per second. DVCPRO HD codec. Complete specs available at www.panasonic.com & search for HVX200A. Additional cameras available for multiple camera shoots with notice.
Vorto Audio Equipment:
- Two Sennheiser G2 wireless lav systems.
- Sennheiser ME66 Shotgun mic with Softie
- Sennheiser ME65 Handheld mic
- Boompole & stand for shotgun mic
Vorto Lighting Equipment:
- 1000w & 500w Lowel Rifa softbox (chimera) lights
- 500w Lowel ViP V-light (broad, back)
- 250w Lowel Pro-Light (fresnel) spot
- Litepanels Mini LED on camera light
- 500w x 2 Impact flood lights
- Lowel Big Boom (10ft stand with 10.5 ft reach)
- 42" 5in1 collapsible reflector (gold, silver, silver/gold, white, translucent)
- 5' x 7' collapsible reversible background (black, white)
Vorto Chroma Key / Green Screen:
- Botero 8ft x 16ft Green Screen, portable with stands
Vorto Digital Compositing and Digital Imaging:
- Workstation - Cutting edge custom built video editing workstation that pushes three 24" wide screen monitors.
Vorto uses Adobe Master Collection Suite CS5.5
- After Effects - Compositing, Motion Graphics, and Visual Effects (VFX) with Trapcode Suite, most Red Giant, Knoll Light Factory, & Zaxwerks ProAnimator 3D plug-ins.
- Premiere Pro - uncompressed 1920x1080 editing
- Photoshop & Illustrator integrated design
- Audition & Soundbooth 32bit float sound editing & 5.1 surround mixing
- Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Mpeg4, H264 BluRay, QuickTime, WindowsMedia & Flash encoding available.
Vorto Royalty Free Music & Footage
- SmartSound SonicFire application - Multi-Layered music can be mixed to any length, adding or removing instruments to create the perfect mix for videos.
- Over 10,000 SD stock footage clips from Digital Juice
- Over 500 1920x1080p stock footage clips from Digital Juice
- Over 400 Special Effect clips from Digital Juice
- Over 50,000 HQ sound effects from Digital Juice
- Various Portland & Vancouver stock shot by Vorto
- DVD menus using Adobe Encore
- Web content using Adobe Flash, Web design using Adobe Dreamweaver, & Joomla CMS (Content Management System)